I have been thinking a lot about what to write in this first post of the year. I wanted it to be a bit special, so finally I decided to share some tips with you that I'm sure will help you make this year a good one.
New Year marks a new beginning. New people to meet, new goals to achieve and new adventures to live. This is the right moment to reflect and undertake the action that will drive us to reach the objectives in the next 365 days. Well, this year is a leap year, so we have one more day - 366 days to make a wonderful year.
Here are some tips:
1) Start the day by being thankful for everything you have. Sometimes we are focused too much on things we want to achieve and we forget all the goodness that we already have. Being grateful bring us a deep sense of happiness.
2) Let go of what you can't change and focus your energy on things you can.
3) Live one day at time. Keep your attention on the present moment.
4) Don't waste your life fulfilling someone else's dream and desires. Life is too short. Pursue your own dreams. Fight for what makes sense to you.
5) Help others. When we perform an act of kindness towards someone else, our brain releases serotonin, a substance that has enormous health benefits. Helping others is a powerful way to feel good inside.
6) Learn something new; explore new ideas and opportunities. Don't be scared to make mistakes, and regard failures as an opportunity to grow.
7) Give up the need to know why things happen as they do. What make the difference are not the circumstances, but the attitude you have.
8) Give priority to your social relationships. The happiest people are the ones who keep healthy and deep relationships. We are social beings, so sharing time and experiences with family and friends is what gives meaning to our lives.
9) Keep fit and maintain healthy eating habits. Taking care of your body is essential to your well-being. If you don't keep your physical energy in good shape, your mental and emotional energy will be negatively affected. Healthy eating habits and exercise raise happiness levels.
10) And...never forget that in the end we will only regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make.